Monday 22 May 2017

THE WHITE WEDDING AT UWAN, NIFOR, BENIN CITY


The wedding took place on the 13th May,2017. I remember vividly the activities that led up to the actual event. Before that day, I had resolved to leave my house at Ugbighoko by 6:am so as to arrive at the venue early enough. However, at about 5:20am, I received a call from the groom reminding me to arrive at the venue as early as possible in other to shoot the cooking process. This made me wonder why people attached so much importance to this.


In view of this, I hurried up and eventually left the house at about 5:50am. I walked briskly so that I will catch them cooking. Fortunately, there was no traffic on the way. Meanwhile, I wondered how I would locate the venue easily. So when I got to Oluku, I chanced upon someone heading towards the same direction. I got to NIFOR at exactly 7:20am. The women were busy putting the rice into different small packs. They complained that I came late. I apologized and brought out my professional video camera and took some shots. Soon thereafter, I requested for food.

The wedding did not start until 11:30am. The officiating minister led the congregation in a worship song. The groom and groomsmen were soon ushered to the front seat, followed by the bride and bridal train. This set the ball rolling. The marriage discourse was based on the English alphabets A to Z, in which each letter represented counsel related to the success of a marriage. For instance, the speaker emphasized that letter A represented agreement between the couple. They have  to operate in unity and oneness. B represents believe. The couple needed to believe in each other. While letter C stood for communication, which obviously is the life-wire of a successful marriage.

After this, the couple were asked to come forward to say the marriage vows. Thus, rings were exchanged and the bride was unveiled to the joyful applause of the congregation. Later, the marriage register was signed. The couple then took pictures with the minister to climax the activity.

The reception took place at the same venue. Events  soon reached a crescendo. That is, the cutting of  the cake. After which, the couple took turns to feed each other. Gifts were then brought to the couple as the choir band thrilled the congregation with melodious tunes. Everyone put on their dancing shoes.
I left NIFOR  at about 4:00pm.

 Call 07054107283 to book for your event coverage

No comments:

Post a Comment